Pagan Blog Project 2014

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

For many, 2014 marks the beginning of many new chapters. One looks back at the year 2013, perhaps wondering where the time has suddenly gone. There are no doubt lasting memories, and with them the promise of the future. A future promises hope, a fresh start, and yet not all things end with the passing of the year. We still bring with us the thoughts we've gathered, the paths we've walked, and the friends we've gained. A part of this has led me to start this blog now, and hopefully to continue you it into the next new year. I've started a few blogs, but this is to be the one I dedicate my efforts in 2014 to.

I started this new year with a desire to learn all I could on the Celts. This has started with their mythology, and hopefully will advance far beyond. To start though, I have always found mythology a good a place as any. Being of the family heritage I am, I have always had a fascination with mythology, legends, or anything of the sort. I never suspected that the mythology I read as a child, would come to impact my religious choice as an adult. The Celts have many different gods and goddess, and at first I hesitated. It was overwhelming, but I soon decided to jump in somewhere.

This blog's name comes from the knowledge that I've gathered so far. I thought to name this blog after The Morrigan, but that is not completely the case. Out of all the stories, it is one of Danu that I read first. The Goddess Danu, is said to be a giver of all knowledge. As the mother of Brigid, Danu is someone I instantly could feel ties to. It helped me to know how a few things tied into the path I already had, and Brigid's name was one of them. There was a welcome feeling, perhaps that of a mother. Learning a very brief history of the impact Danu had within Celtic culture, I feel at ease to use some of it now.

At The Water's Edge is a blog to capture my path as a Pagan in 2014. For it is said that all knowledge came from the water's edge. The water was a symbol of Danu, and her nourishment to her children. As I start the new year, on a path somewhat new to my feet, it is this nourishment I need. It is my hope though, that someday we all might find a place at the water's edge. That one day, we may all take a glance in the ancient mirror, and see for ourselves the mysteries of the universe. I know not where this path leads, only that it feels right, right at the water's loving edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment